Gifted & Talented Programs
Ms. Tatic’s Classics Club
- Geared towards advancing reading comprehension and vocabulary enrichment in the middle school
- Students read classic novels appropriate to their advanced level
- Students complete self-directed research projects related to their reading
- Students participate and lead guided discussions
- This is an invite-only program based on standardized assessment scores and excellent work ethic
Noetic Math Olympiad
- This is an annual contest that encourages creative math thinking and problem solving.
- The goal of the contest is to develop students’ problem-solving skills, to encourage their interest in math, and to inspire them to excel in math.
- Students participate in math problem of the week warm-ups throughout the school year.
- The Olympiad is in the spring. Students compete against grade-level peers to earn medals and recognition.
Social Studies Fair
- Students complete independent research projects and prepare presentations.
- Each grade completes a different project correlated to their curriculum.
- Winners earn medals and recognition of their hard work by having their project published on our website.
- Middle school students also engage in a special formal debate on self-selected topics.
Holocaust Studies Project
- Created for our 7th and 8th graders
- This is an independent research project that encourages students to examine their families’ histories and connection to the Holocaust.
- Students choose a topic, conduct interviews and examine primary and secondary sources.
- Students present their projects to their peers and take on the role of teacher for the day, sharing what they learned.
Students develop a hypothesis and employ the scientific method to test their hypothesis.
Students perform a hands-on experiment and record their results.
Students prepare a presentation in which they share their results with their peers.
Raz Kids Reading Program
This program is geared towards students in the K-6 grades.
This is an accelerated reading program that encourages exploration, supports reading comprehension and vocabulary development.
Students can read books up to two levels above their own in order to increase their reading comprehension.